This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I reply to negative feedback someone gives me on ebay?
04-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Can I reply to negative feedback someone gives me on ebay?
I sold some shoes on ebay and 3 weeks later this moron is messaging me saying the shoes have pebbles in the soles and the suede is discolored and that I rated them higher than the condition that they're really in and that either I give him a 50% refund or he's leaving negative feedback. The idiot has had the shoes for 3 weeks before trying to extort money back from me. If he leaves negative feedback can I reply to it pleading my side of the story????
Thanks for that link, but I need to know if I'm going to be able to reply to his negative feedback and give my side so future buyers know I'm honest. I have 100% positive feedback and this is BS if this prick can do this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:14 AM

You need to report them for feedback extortion:

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:15 AM

yes you can reply to the feedback. you can also have his negative removed due to feedback extortion (dont tell him that). so dont worry about it.

if you are willing to take the return because it was really not as described then do that. but if your item was all good then dont give him any partial refund. i had some dude try the same thing, claiming my item was defective and to give him a partial refund. i kept asking him for pics but he would always come up with excuses and eventually he just gave up lol

reply to feedback
link is on the right side
http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html

direct link (should take you to your personal fb page, right now it shows my personal page for me)
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/BayISAPI.dll...dbackLogin
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM

At least he gave you a chance to make good on the sale. Some of them just leave negative feedback without informing seller there was a problem. He has to ship the shoes back to you and then you can issue a 100% refund. He is allowed to file a claim for a refund up to 45 days after the sale.

It sounds like he is making up the story about the shoes in order to both keep the shoes and also get some of his money back. That is a scam that happened to me. Tell him to open an Ebay dispute and when you get shoes back you will issue refund for entire amount.

Next time do not sell to people with less than 100 transactions.
04-08-2014, 04:28 AM

Caller #1 is correct --- you need to report the buyer immediately. This is a clear case of feedback extortion.

If what you say is true --- the buyer won't be able to leave feedback at all.

It's much harder to get feedback removed --- than to arrange for it not to be left.
That's way you need to get to it.

If someone does leave a negative --- you can respond to it. But you still have the negative and it still affects your DSR score.