This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sync Outlook with Webmail?
04-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Sync Outlook with Webmail?
Hi, I recently upgraded my Windows XP computer to a Windows 8 computer.

I had Outlook 2003 on my old computer, which isn't compatible with windows 8.

I don't have the money to purchase a newer version of outlook, So I signed in to my optus webmail.

I can receive new emails, but cannot see any of the old emails I looked at in Outlook.

I still have my old computer with Outlook, So if need be, I can transfer all my old emails onto my new computer. What is the process for this?

I also tried to log in to the mail app in windows 8 but that didn't seem to work either.

Please help! Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:10 AM

There is an option in the Mail app that says something like "to see mail older than 2 weeks"... that will take you to the settings menu on the right, and it will probably work. The W8 Mail app is not too good.

If you cannot buy Outlook, and definitely want an email client instead of using your webmail, just download Mozilla Thunderbird, It will get ALL your mail into your laptop.

I would recommend you try an Outlook.com email account for the future. Many great features, like SkyDrive, etc. Cheers.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply