This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook Friend Help?!?
04-08-2014, 04:06 AM
Facebook Friend Help?!?
Hi, is there a way to add a friend on Facebook secretly. So once you add them it doesn't appear on anyone's wall/newsfeed. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:14 AM

once you add them you could always delete it off your wall

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:21 AM

nope, and it only appears on your wall and nobody else's and it also appears on peoples newsfeed.
04-08-2014, 04:29 AM

You may be able to adjust your security settings not to announce these things. I recently adjusted mine not to tell when I reply to other people's wall posts, pics, and links because it was just clutter on my own wall. As has been stated, you can also scroll over the X on your wall and delete it. I think this will delete it from news feeds. But, the person will be listed among your friends.

I know life is complicated, but it seems as though you may want to hide this friend from others. If this is someone who is a real friend, your other friends need to accept it. If it is a secret friendship that others can't know about, maybe being friends isn't the best idea, on Facebook or otherwise. I hope you can see these as thoughts about social networking and not anything judgmental.
04-08-2014, 04:34 AM

after you friend request them and they accept.... just go on the news feed and delete the post and I dont think other people will be able to see it
04-08-2014, 04:39 AM

Once you add them, and they accept your friend request, you can click 'Profile' and clear it from your wall. Though, the friend will always appear on your friend's list. They may also appear in some of your other friend's accounts, on the side where it has friend suggestions, or 'People you may know'.

There is really no way to hide your friends, so I suggest if you don't want anyone seeing you have that certain friend, not to add them.