This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
a honest advice please guys i need help to market my website.?
04-08-2014, 04:07 AM
a honest advice please guys i need help to market my website.?
hi there all, I am a student who made schoolruled.com for students to buy, sell or trade textbooks and video games and I have no profit in it no transaction fees and so on. but now I need help to market the site any suggestions please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:11 AM

Make up facebook pages, twitter, lots of social media, blogs forums.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:15 AM

Hi. There are a lot of ways to market a website at no cost. The first would be to enter your URL in every search engine and directory you can find. I like this list of directories, http://www.web-directories.ws/, it gives each directories PR and other information about submitting sites.
Add a blog. Search engines loves blogs because the content is updated regularly. After you add a blog, a RSS feed is extremely important.

Commenting in other forums that are relevant to your site, as well as on relevant blogs can drive targeted traffic to your site while raising your search engine ranking. Make sure you are helpful and post insightful comments, self serving irrelevant links make you look bad.

Learn to properly use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest for businesses. You will see your search ranking rise by using these sites also. I looked at your site an believe it would benefit a lot by using Pinterest. I believe your target audience probably hangs out on Facebook and Twitter quite a bit.

Write relevant articles for high ranking article directories. I like this list, http://www.vretoolbar.com/articles/directories.php.

Guest blogging is a popular way to drive free targeted traffic to your site.

Good luck!
04-08-2014, 04:22 AM

Get rid of the games on the front page. You're either selling textbooks or telling them about the newest games - pick one. You're all over the map with the site, and it's unfocused.

Separate it and make one site for buying and selling text books. Then create another site to buy and sell games.