This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you delete a group on facebook?
10-15-2012, 08:23 PM
How do you delete a group on facebook?
i'm the creator of the facebook page i want to delete. Accidentally without knowing i deleted myself first .. what do i do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:31 PM

If you are talking about deleting a group that you created, you first have to remove all its members and then leave it.
If you leave the group without previously removing all its members, the group will remain there and you will lose your admin status, so you won't be able to delete this group anymore.

Here are the steps.

Go to the page of the group you want to delete and right below the big pictures at the top of the page, click on the “About” tab, then on the “All Members” button, and then check that the option “All Members”.

This will show you a list of all the people who are members of your group.
In that list, click on the X at the right of all of them except you, one by one.
Each time you do this you have to confirm the action by clicking on the "Confirm" button that will appear.

Once you are the only member in the list, click on the X at the right extreme of your name. Facebook will show you a message telling you that, since you are the last member, leaving the group will also delete it. Click on the “Delete Group” button to confirm the action.

This way your group will be deleted.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply