This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Utorrent became slow suddenly?
04-08-2014, 04:08 AM
My Utorrent became slow suddenly?
My average download speed is 100 kB/s but now it is only 1 to 5 kB/s. What should I do? What happened?
I'm from philippines . The torrent I'm downloading has many seeders. Only Utorrent is slow. Youtube and other services are fast.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:17 AM

It happens sometimes.. Might be your internet speed is down now or If you have shared connection then ask if other person also downloading from Utorrent.. otherwise contact your ISP...

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:18 AM

If you're in the United States or elsewhere such as Australia, Canada, UK or New Zealand and pretty much any of the other Allies of the US you are being throttled.

You can stop this by using Open VPN or a similar standard of VPN.
For the speed get fast again you may have to wait a while until your ISP sees that you aren't downloading torrents any more.

This is discrimination by the US government and Hollywood companies controlling it don't care at all!
I suggest to use different locations (countries) not closely linked to the US such as those in europe or asia.

I won't list any websites as they will likely be targeted by the US government, so choose wisely.
Open VPN is the best standard as it isn't proprietary, nor has it been effectively cracked by the US government to the best of my knowledge. Note, I could be incorrect.

Don't use PPTP or L2TP!!!!! They are not recommended!!!! US has hacked them.
Again respect copyright, so that the countries that you are connecting too don't block P2P.

The lesson is Encrypt, Encrypt and Encrypt with non US, non proprietary tools.
04-08-2014, 04:27 AM

It might be due to the peer&#x2F;seeds. You can try to port forward to help increase the speed.
04-08-2014, 04:33 AM

Same problem and I'm also from the Philippines. It just suddenly slowed down. D:
04-08-2014, 04:34 AM

Same problem here and I'm also from the Philippines. It happened less than a week ago, all of a sudden, my download speed is 2 kbps or worst, 0.1 kbps, grrr. I've tried downloading other bittorrent clients but they're all the same. Well if you still want to download free movies, check movierats and divxcrawler.to (dvdrip and blurayrip)

It's direct download. Great qualities and a lot faster than torrents (Well of course, it's direct dloading duh!).