This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do more liberals use social media than conservatives?
04-08-2014, 04:08 AM
Do more liberals use social media than conservatives?
Just asking. No political debacles, please.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:13 AM

from experience and looking at my friend's list, i could say that liberals use social media slightly more.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:18 AM

Usually the young are more liberal than the old. And since social media is relatively new it is more important to the young. So yes.
04-08-2014, 04:19 AM

Without facts to back up either point of view, it's hard to say. To the respondent who stated that the young are liberal and the old are conservative is a stereotype that is probably untrue. The young who are mostly still pretty disengaged from the political process of their homeland tend to follow the political preference of their parents. Otherwise why would we have so many bored teenage trolls trashing liberals without a single shred of factual data to back up their inflammatory statements (that they probably heard from their parents!)

Now that social media as a technology has matured and is used by young and old, I don't think liberals vs conservatives is a factor in the determination. Both are separate issues. In the blue state of Washington, I can tell you both political parties used social media very effectively in pursuit of votes in November 2012. Because Washington state is also a leading uber-tech state, both young and old, conservative or liberal are early adopters of most things tech anyway, and have been comfortable with social media for quite a number of years already. In states that lag behind in web technology because broadband build-out has been stunted, the use of social media is likely lower regardless of age or political persuasion. Education level also determines exposure to technology regardless of age or political views.