This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My internet is going crazy, websites are popping up on their own... Help?
04-08-2014, 04:08 AM
My internet is going crazy, websites are popping up on their own... Help?
So here's the deal. I've been using Explorer for 3 years now. Please don't start with the whole "Explorer is ancient, go with Firefox or whatever". Thank you.
Anyway. recently this website has been popping up like crazy:

http://pp.developunit.info/z/?eid=35&hi ... 1717025221

Everytime I open a new link, this website interrupts the loading of the page and takes over. When I press the "back" button, nothing happens. When I refresh, nothing happens. Basically I have to keep trying over and over and over until I get lucky and the page loads propperly without interruption. It's annoying as hell.
Sometimes even when a page has perfectly loaded, that website just decides to take over.
I have no idea where the hell it came from. It only started appearing recently, like less than a month ago.
What do I do to get rid of it? And inorder to stop it from happening again, can you tell me what triggers it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:11 AM

Hi,

That is a browser hijack. Essentially, it's randomly re-directing you to another site that you don't want to go to. This could lead to all sorts of problems. It can vary with anything from pop-up adverts and viruses to potentially stolen personal details.

You'll need to do a scan using MalwareBytes: AntiMalware which is free download from their website. This can detect and sort all of those nasties for you.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:16 AM

malware and spyware infection Sad
04-08-2014, 04:18 AM

This is what you get when using internet explorer.
live with it.