This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ex broke up with me 2 months ago, just found out she moved city, we are doing no contact but should I msg her?
04-08-2014, 04:09 AM
Ex broke up with me 2 months ago, just found out she moved city, we are doing no contact but should I msg her?
Ok so me and my ex were together for 1 year, she broke up with me 2 months ago. We kept having repeated arguments over small things and she kept breaking up with me only to apologise and say she loved me the next day. It was so back and forth and stressful even I got fed up at points but I never wanted to break up with her as I thought these were just bumps on the road to happiness.

Anyway we had one argument, she said she will never marry me if I don't earn more than her in the future (we are both 20 and at university) I disagreed and said earning shouldn't matter etc. It got a little tense and awkward after the argument she wanted to cuddle as normal and I wasn't in the mood so stayed on the other side of the bed. She then got angry, dumped me insulted me and blocked me on everything possible facebook, messenger etc.

Throughout the break up I have never given her the satisfaction of acting as if I cared, even when she told me she was breaking up with me for about the 100th time I just said ok hope your making the right decision. She started insulting me called me immature etc and I just nodded and didn't show emotion as she left. I have actually never contacted her since the break up, after 2 weeks of the break up she asked how I was coping. I never replied. She then messaged me a week later trying to sell me her gym membership so I responded as I was feeling completely over the break up and wanted to be civil. I was friendly with her as normal but she was cold and short with her responses. When I asked why is she selling her gym membership she avoided the question etc.

We kept talking on and of but each time she would avoid questions or be kind of abrupt and not really friendly so I would usually just stop responding when she was acting like that. Last straw came when she started asking for gifts she got me back, at that point I was done being friendly and playing nice so I just said I lost the gift and stop contacting me. Things got heated, she threw some of the nastiest insults at me you could imagine like saying i'm fat etc but I never really responded I just said bye each time she sent an insult.

After that, we didn't speak again for a couple weeks, then the gym membership I bought of her didn't work perhaps because it was under a female name, so I message her telling her and asking for a refund she says no go away and I just respond like ok fine i'm not going to chase you for a refund and that was it.

That was around 3 weeks ago and we haven't spoken since, I just found out yesterday she left our university (we met at uni) when I found out I felt sad etc but I never wanted her back it was more like grieving the relationship and excepting that it's finally over, as I was even expecting to run into some day at uni as you always run into people you know at uni. Today I was thinking about messaging her saying Hi or just something to settle my mind. Is this a good idea? I remember during the first week when she broke up with me I got so sad one time I cried myself to sleep, I never wanted her back but I wasn't dealing well with the whole no contact thing and her blocking me hurt me a lot, I was even thinking of turning up outside her house unexpectedly just so I could see her and speak to her. I slept on that thought and woke up thinking what the hell was I thinking. So with this thought of messaging her, I don't want to act rashly I think I should probably give it a week to settle down because you always act emotionally just after you find out something etc. I don't really even want to speak to her, I don't even think it will make it better, but I guess it's just something to do to maybe try and stop me feeling like this?

What do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:11 AM

It would be best if you remembered what the word "ex" means. She's out of your life, for good reason, and you are out of hers. Go on about your business and make a new life.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:13 AM

She is a loser. Move on.

@Katie, I see multiple questions. Therefore, perhaps you should purchase a dictionary. When did this site start giving free points?
04-08-2014, 04:18 AM

I think this is a blog, not a question.

I think it's over. Leave her alone. She's made herself very clear to you.

Believe what she says. It's over.
04-08-2014, 04:28 AM

You are confused. if you do not want her back and dont want to talk to her why would you text her after she moved away? this relationship has been over for a long time. You do not give any details of why she really dumped you. You say she said you were fat, are you? She said that you needed to make more money than her, do you have a decent job and a burger joint does not qualify. are you lazy, controlling needy? We have no way to know but it does not matter. If you did want her back, you blew it and it is done. If you don't want her back, why contact her at all?
04-08-2014, 04:33 AM

No dont contact her. When its over, there is nothing you can do about it. Plus you dont want to ruin your chances of finding someone new.