This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What meta tags should use for my website?
04-08-2014, 04:11 AM
What meta tags should use for my website?
I am trying to get my site to index better on Google but I am not the best at SEO. Can some of you please let me know on what I should do?

Thanks.
BTW: It's a manga/comic reading website that focuses on fast speeds and ad free reading.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:15 AM

Meta tags are nothing but structure of large algorithm that search engines like Google,Yahoo,Bing crawl at when deciding which results are relevant to show users who have typed in a search query.There might be magically enhancement in ranking,Meta tag are used to tell exactly about the site to Google that what is your site about.It is always in HTML form.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:18 AM

I would suggest pulling up the Google Adwords search tool and try putting in some manga related search terms to see what they label as "low competition" but still have 100+ monthly searches. I know 100 searches a month doesn't sound like a lot, but you are more likely to come up on Google for those types of terms.
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM

Meta Tags are a series of sentences created by either you or your web designer in order to let the search engine know what each individual web page in your web site is about. These meta tags are NOT visible to your visitors but are within your code for search engines to read when they visit your site. Meta Tags are used to provide prior information to the search engines before visiting the webpage pointed by the Link. Search engines from Meta tags easily know what type of information can be expected from the pointed webpage. Meta tags are critical when setting up new pages. You should add keywords in Meta tag which define your website. Most search engines still give high importance to Meta tag and use it as a determining factor for ranking a website. Some search engines give less importance to Meta tags but when you consider SEO, it’s very important that you consider each small and big factor. You should also give proper text and description of a page in Meta tag. The description provided in the Meta tag is used by the search engines. The description is added underneath the link in the search engine result page. A good description will attract more people on your website because most people click websites based on the link description as shown by the search engine.
04-08-2014, 04:31 AM

meta tags are use which tell about your site what your page or site is about
your “Description" should be good which help to click thorugh rate your site
Don't use full quotation marks (“”) in your description which will index your site lower