This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I better market my local PC Repair Service?
04-08-2014, 04:12 AM
How can I better market my local PC Repair Service?
I am currently working on developing a PC Repair Service. I've been posting ads on Craigslist, made a Facebook fan page, created a LinkedIn profile, and even set up some free online classified advertisements on my local newsline's website! I haven't got a single hit for the past two weeks except for a guy calling, asking me if I could get parts for him at manufacturer price!

Anyways... I've developed some ideas and concepts for flyers to put around town, which I think will be what I need. I'm going to leave them on lamp posts, traffic posts, go around in local grocery stores and put them under people's windshield wipers, and local community clubhouses and pavilions.

I want to know if I'm just doing a poor job marketing! I can't believe that not one person has contacted me yet!

Here is the Facebook fan page with the flyer concepts:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Gl...7666890977

What else do you recommend in marketing this?
Thanks Bonnie, great idea. I actually am a Freshman in college at the moment. Will definitely do this.
Mike.. Did you even read what I posted? I'm doing PC (Computer) repairs, not windshield repairs.. I said that I'd consider putting flyers (posters / advertisements) under people's windshield wipers in parking lots so they'll see it when they get in their cars...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:19 AM

If you live near a college, post flyers around campus and offer a small student discount as there will be a lot of students with laptops who don't know how to fix their computer.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:23 AM

So far, the URL provided only refers to my own Facebook page, which may explain some of the problem!
Also, ya gotta know, there are not that many windshield damages...I spent more than 16 years as a Honolulu Taxicab operator without once needing windshield repair! Sorry, but the job is never gonna be overwhelmed with customers unless you're counting on some obscure volcano activity spewing rocks onto our windscreens!

Oops...sorry Floridian "PC Repair"! Well, there's the problem...Floridians either are too old & stoopid to own a pc or dey got family & friends to help 'em!
04-08-2014, 04:26 AM

This is an FIR without going thru your explanation. PC Repair Service, it seems, is being done by you individually without any company. Such market is local market and you have to give the publicity among your locality. Other media is the people around you who use PC for their business. Just distribute a small note among the area you can work giving your telephone / contact numbers. PC Repair is an urgent service and people look for the first to come and not to the efficient to come (later). Such nature of business is spread through the customer-oriented. Customers would spread your reputation and invite others.