This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help?!! Question about Facebook??!?
10-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Help?!! Question about Facebook??!?
Hi,
So I was wondering if I sent a friend request, and someone got it and went online and clicked on the little red "1" over the friend section of your notifications and they clicked on it, saw the request, didn't click "ignore" or "accept" and just left it and went to another page, would it enventually count as an "ignore" or not? Plus, how would you know that someone left or "ignored" your request?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:31 PM

Then that request will be saved as a hidden request in his/her a/c...It'll nt be considered as ignored. There is no option to know if anyone ignored ur frnd request.

Ads

10-15-2012, 08:31 PM

It's generally understood that Facebook classes all friend requests as 'ignored' (in the sense that you're in the same position as before you sent the request) until the other party actually selects an option, either way, unless they click 'Accept' you shouldn't know any different.

I say 'shouldn't' because I'm under the belief that until they select either 'Accept' or 'Ignore' you're technically signed to their page as a subscriber (meaning their posts will show up on your wall if they have their privacy set to 'public') if they haven't turned this feature off of course.

I noticed the above behaviour when I'd sent a request to someone last week, and even though they didn't confirm until this week, I was still seeing their posts on my wall.