This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
weight loss question?????????
04-08-2014, 04:13 AM
weight loss question?????????
Around november I decided I wanted to make a change with myself weight wise. At the time I weighed 197 pounds im 16 and about 5'1 or 5'2. I started making changes with my eating and did little daily workouts went on walks and stuff just little things to start changing. I now weigh 178 pounds which is still really bad considering my height but I cant seem to stick to anythinf anymore I eat healthy no soda or candy and stuff but ill admit I cheat sometimes like today I had half of a half of a cinnomin bagel with butter and a bit of chocolate milk. I feel really bad after im done eating though like I shouldnt have eaten that and I punish myself. I dont know how to find motivation because im kind of like a loner I dont really have any friends and I do online school so there is really no social interaction with kids my age. My family wont help me they dont want to change so I feel very alone. I need some help and ideas on hiw to stay motivated and how to keep my mind off of food because it seems to be all I ever think about. My exercise that I usually do is just walking sometimes ill go to the indoor track and do some laps but I have to one to do anything with so I get bored. I really want to change I just want some help and I want people to notice because no one seems to. Im trying to loose 40 pounds thats like my a little bit more than half way mark for now cause I dont want to put too much preasure on myself to loose a ton of weight 40 is just easier to get to. Thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:19 AM

hey good for you. it can be really hard when you don't have much of a support system. Try something like this program from bodybuilding.com. IT isn't set up to make you arnold or anything but it does have a home workout portion

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:22 AM

For weight loss, dieting is more effective than exercise.

Reducing your intake of junk sugar will help. Foods or drinks such as coke and other soft drinks, desserts, sweets, cakes, cookies or biscuits must be eliminated or substantially reduced. Cereals must be restricted to those that contain less than 15% total sugars and junk sugar loaded foods such as pizzas must be avoided. Junk sugar bowls must be abolished.

Junk sugar health hazards are discussed in a web search for "sugar health hazards".

The natural sugars in fruit and vegetables are OK as they metabolise to glucose slowly due to their high fiber content so they have a low to medium GI value. Fruit and vegetables are low in calories and are not fattening. Most fruit and vegetables are metabolism boosting foods and that helps for weight loss. Potatoes and sweet potatoes are exceptions and can be fattening.

Fattening combinations that you need to avoid include combinations of protein foods (such as eggs, meat, poultry, sea food, cheese and nuts) with starchy carbohydrates (such as bread, cereals, pasta, rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes and corn).

Apparently the Lemon Detox Diet is the worst diet there is as in a web search for "lemon detox diet" + voted + worst.