This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I post this on my blog or create a new one?
04-08-2014, 04:15 AM
Should I post this on my blog or create a new one?
I have a few blogs, all on different topics, and all under my single account, and I cross-promote on every post on any of my blogs. My main blog, which is the most popular, is kinda a catch-all blog. I've done a review/recap of a TV series, talked about things I like, etc.

I've decided that, as part of a new year's resolution, I want to begin posting sections/chapters of a fan-fiction either once a month or every other week. This is partially to force myself to write (because I haven't been lately), but also to see how people respond to my writing without posting something which I may want to publish someday.

My main problem is that I'm not sure whether I should post this on my main blog, among a hodge-podge of random posts, or if I should create a separate blog (still under my main account) and begin cross-promoting it. I know I'd get more traffic from my main blog, and that cross-promoting still won't bring in the readers that posting it on the main blog would get, but aesthetically, I really like the idea of having it all in one place with just the story. Suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM

I don't really care for unfocused hodgepodge blogs who's theme is not clear to search engines. Figure out what else fits in with the fan fiction, maybe movie, DVD and TV reviews?

If search engines can identify the common owner of your blogs, like if you had them on the same server account, there may be relatively little SEO benefit from cross linking, compared to backlinks from other bloggers.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:32 AM

If you are looking for more search engine exposure - YES

If you do not want to post it on your blog because it might cause some dilemnas, then don't do it!

I would recommend putting all of the good stuff on your main blog and using your other blogs as supporting blogs. Google will rank your higher authority blogs over your support blog.
04-08-2014, 04:36 AM

I would create another blog or possibly add a subdomain to your most popular blog and then add an rss feed to the home page of your main blog. This will make the information attractive and readily available to more people...