This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13 year old having heart attack?
04-08-2014, 04:16 AM
13 year old having heart attack?
I'm a 13 year old girl and I'm paranoid about having a heart attack. I've been experiencing some sharp chest pain and I have mild asthma, and recently I got shortness of breath for no reason. My mom said it doesn't matter and says she doesn't want to waste her time checking with a doctor.

My grandma (Mom's side) passed away recently due to a brain tumor and my dad's side of family has a history of diabetes.

I'm kind of a couch potato, going on tumblr and other social media often, but I do fence 3 times a week for about 3 hours a time. Additionally I eat some junk but I do eat healthy most of the time.

(I'm Chinese, by the way.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:17 AM

I'm 15 year old boy, I also get pains in the chest but I think it's down to me having alot of coffe every day. If you experience it for more than a week I think you should probably look to consulting a doctor.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:26 AM

The fact that you're paranoid about it makes it more likely that it's anxiety that you're experiencing. That, or it's possible that it's something to do with your asthma. I would suggest talking to your doctor in case it is an asthma thing, they may have to adjust your meds.
04-08-2014, 04:32 AM

Youre cmpletely overreacting. Impossible to have a heart attaxk @ 13.
Chest pains in a chld is not seruous.