This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What happens if I ship an ebay item after my date listed on ebay?
04-08-2014, 04:16 AM
What happens if I ship an ebay item after my date listed on ebay?
I'm looking at selling an item that just came out and is sold out.. I think i'll get the most amount of money for it right now. I want to sell it on ebay. The listing duration is 7 days, and my handling process is listed as 3 days. (10 DAYS= DEC. 16TH) However, the item won't even ship TO ME from the makers until December 12th. This means I will likely get it the 20th or so. If I list in the description that I will send it to the buyer after I receive it, can I get in trouble for doing this? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:20 AM

You cant list items for sale you DO NOT OWN OR HAVE.
This is CALLED FRAUD.

Ebay tends to PULL down adverts for items the poster does not actually have in their possession.

And when users see a late shipping date they see it as FRAUD and tend to not bid or hit buy it now buttons.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:25 AM

Post a note that you are away the last days of the auction and won't ship until the 20th.
~
Lots of sellers on eBay buy & sell items they don't stock and get caught like this. The idea is to keep the buyer happy by being a good communicator and finding ways to keep them happy if stuff is delayed.
04-08-2014, 04:27 AM

Post a note that you are away the last days of the auction and won't ship until the 20th.
~
Lots of sellers on eBay buy & sell items they don't stock and get caught like this. The idea is to keep the buyer happy by being a good communicator and finding ways to keep them happy if stuff is delayed.