This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which android phone to get?
04-08-2014, 04:16 AM
Which android phone to get?
I am looking to get a new phone and I cannot decide which one. I have been looking around at Samsung ace and Sony xperia but I read such mixed reviews. What would you recommend? My criteria is
- under £150 max (preferably under £110)
-android operating system
-good for Facebook, instagram, twitter and whatsapp
-pretty good camera as I use instagram a lot
-preferably a front facing camera for Skype although not obligatory

I think that's it. Please do let me know your opinions x

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:24 AM

I would suggest you to go with Xperia U , it's amazingly stylish and the white bar below which changes color with the theme color on screen makes it unique phone in the whole segment

Sound: Sound is no doubt is above all in the segment
Looks : Too good to handle, friends will be jealous, LOL
Performance : Pretty fast , can run heavy games like MODERN COMBACT like a charm.
Camera : Is pretty much fine for Instagram pics Smile
hope that helps Smile

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:32 AM

Remember when considering an android phone loaded with goodies. Processor time, 4G, large screens, internet use, consider the poor battery response. Androids use under-rated batteries to keep them slim.... (and fragile.) I learned the hard way,,,,,,and with lock ups...
04-08-2014, 04:39 AM

lets not listen to rich with his measly 1440mAh battery and dual core inside his iphone... he is one of those people who bought one of the basic entry level android phones that wouldn't live up to his expectations and followed everyone else off the cliff into crapple territory

galaxy ace specs are pretty pathetic compared to the xperia but i do not like the fact the xperia's battery is not removable, or that it does not have a removable memory card slot, but if you were forced to choose between the 2 i would go with the xperia, or look for a different alternative - the ace just does not have enough under the hood to make it worth it..

galaxy ace:
320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches
158 MB storage, 278 MB RAM
5 MP, 2592x1944 pixels
microSD, up to 32 GB, 2 GB included
Li-Ion 1350 mAh battery

sony xperia:
720 x 1280 pixels, 4.3 inches
32 GB storage, 1 GB RAM
12 MP, 4000x3000 pixels
NO removable memory slot
Non-removable Li-Ion 1750 mAh battery