This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
please recommend me a wi-fi router that lets me use my internet on my pc and on other wi-fi enabled devices?
04-08-2014, 04:17 AM
please recommend me a wi-fi router that lets me use my internet on my pc and on other wi-fi enabled devices?
i am going to describe my situation in detail. i am using internet through a lan wire that requires no modem but i want to buy a cheap wi-fi modem that lets me create my home a wi-fi place so that my family can use the internet of my pc through the modem on their smart phones and tablets.

i have no modem connection of internet.... i have just the lan wire that is connected to one of the ports at the back of my CPU... so i want to use the internet in such a way that i should be able to connect the wire to the back of the modem and then modem's wire should be connected at the back of the CPU. and then the wi-fi modem works as a router and lets me with my pc and others with their devices to use internet...

MOST IMPORTANT: I want to use the internet from the modem (that you would recommend) on my computer via a wire because my pc has no wi-fi ..

LAN WIRE--MODEM--(COMPUTER, SMART PHONES, TABLETS)

i hope u understand what i am trying to say.

thanx

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:25 AM

anyone will work, you can get the for $15 on ebay for a cheap one.

I prefer Net Gear, they are more expensive but they are easy to set up

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:35 AM

you can buy a regular wifi router and hook up the LAN wire to it. If you want to make your PC wireless you can buy a cheap Wireless USB Adapter for around 10 to 20 USD. Also you don't really need to make your PC wireless because you can just buy another LAN wire and hook it up from the wifi router to your pc. Most WiFi router have 5 extra ports to hook up computers and printers.
04-08-2014, 04:45 AM

Go for "Netgear DGN1000 Wireless-N 150 Router With Modem".
It will create a wifi-zone in your house. It does exactly what you mentioned.
Comes with a 2 year warranty too. Go for it.

Price : Rs. 1850 @ Flipkart -> http://www.flipkart.com/netgear-dgn1000-...svmtruegma
04-08-2014, 04:47 AM

A " LAN WIRE " ?

Doesn't the existence of this ' LAN Wire ' indicate that it is possibly coming in from either a modem, a Switch or a Hub already installed somewhere ?

If this is the case, then it is possible that you maybe trying to put a Router in front of another existing router or Switch. This may not be entirely legal unless and until you are subscribed to an Internet Service provider. Unless and until you are the landlord this may be illegal to do.
04-08-2014, 04:51 AM

NOT ANY router will work There are 2 basic types. Cable routers have a WAN network port. These connect to the network port of the service. Then all machine connect wired or wireless t the router. Similar in MOST makes and models are the DSL types which need a connection to a DSL filtered phone line. These will nOT work on your connection. I normally use Netgear for these types of connection.
04-08-2014, 04:57 AM

Netgear are good.