This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should I start my website?
04-08-2014, 04:18 AM
How should I start my website?
I want to make a website about Gaming, Cars, and making money. Should I start a blog? I'm not sure what I should start. Maybe I could start a website and not a blog. Should I use Blogger? Also, how can I get it to be popular because I want to be making referrals when my site becomes more popular. Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM

Start with a blog and vlog to stop your website and make sure you have a huge fan base before doing so

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:25 AM

You can start with blogger and understand how the web works.

You'll need lots of traffic to convert referral links. Make sure you write original & unique articles and they get indexed on search engines like Google, Yahoo! or Bing. These search engines will bring free traffic to your blog
04-08-2014, 04:27 AM

The best way to build a strong, powerful blog is to have the right tools and resources to do it. Learn where to get the best free and paid resources.
04-08-2014, 04:36 AM

In order to build a website you just need:

1. A domain name (like something.com)
2. Web Hosting (the place where your actual website files are hosted)
3. A way to build your website (either manually if you know HTML and CSS, by paying someone, by using a built in website builder from your web host, or by installing Wordpress or similar CMS software).

Most modern web hosts include all three, so all you need to build a website like http://www.something.com is to get web hosting.

I recommend one of these: http://www.webhostingdiscounts.org/

Godaddy has a special offer on their Economy plan right now, one year of hosting for $12 ($1/month). This offer is valid till the end of June. (three more days)

They include a free point & click online site builder, so you can create your website without any programming (easy, just by drag and drop) or you can install Wordpress (they include an easy, one click install of Wordpress from their control panel), choose a theme that you like, and start adding content.