This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My friend lies to me?
04-08-2014, 04:18 AM
My friend lies to me?
I'm 13 and I've been friends with her since 1st grade(We're in 7th grade now). We've been best friends for a long time, but I don't know if I trust her anymore. She's always lying to me and stealing my things. I've always forgiven her, but now it really bothers and hurts me. A few weeks ago she found out the password to my phone( I didn't tell her what it was, and I don't know how she knew what it was). She went through all of my pictures, contacts, texts, social media, etc. She's lied to me so many other times and I don't know if I should be her friend anymore. Please help?
I've tried talking to her about this before, but she keeps denying thats she's lying and stealing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:25 AM

Slowly start avoiding her.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:30 AM

I would say to her that you feel like shed lying to you and u cant stand it any more then walk away with a smile and that will get her so she my come back saying sorry . Try it and see how it goes and maybe tell me after. Same age.
04-08-2014, 04:35 AM

Sweety she is not your friend. Stay away from that girl. She is taking advantage of you and mistaking your kindness for weakness. You have plenty of time to make new friends you are only 13 years old. Just focus on your school work and everything will fall into place
04-08-2014, 04:41 AM

Ask her why she lies so much. Confront her and be firm about it. If she tries to change the subject, don't let her. If she doesn't answer tell her you can't be her friend anymore because you need to be able to trust your friends.
04-08-2014, 04:46 AM

I wouldn't be friends with anyone who stole from me. I do however have one friend who is a pathological liar and it's just part of their personality. For example if I get a great bargain on a new dress my friend will automatically have gotten a better deal for the same dress in a smaller size. She makes up these ridiculous stories but I just shrug them off because I know that's just how she is. But from what you're saying I would change your password and just stop talking to her altogether. It's very easy to "lose" a friend. Just stop talking to her and returning her calls. I would block her messages from facebook, I wouldn't delete her as a friend because it would look too obvious. I would also make it so that only I can approve which pictures I'm posted in and who can write on my wall. A lot of people forget that there are settings on facebook. Just pretend you're busy anytime she calls or asks if you want to hang out. A friend doesn't steal from you. Friends ask if they can borrow things.
04-08-2014, 04:50 AM

yeah, this is bad when you can't trust a friend. I know how you feel about someone taking your things. you need to have a talk with her and tell her how you feel about what she doing , and let her know if she can't or won't stop you can't be friends with her any more. and that she is to stay away from your personal things, because that is private. it may be hard to do but necessary.