This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is INTERNET EXPLORER ?
04-08-2014, 04:18 AM
What is INTERNET EXPLORER ?
Is it the same as google ?
Can I delete IE from my laptop ?
It always seems to be there but I dont seem to use it - what is it about ?
thanks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:27 AM

Internet Explorer is just another browser for the internet, in much the same way Chrome is.

I would recommend that you don't uninstall it, however you can safely remove the link from your desktop.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:34 AM

Internet Explorer is a browser, Google is a search engine.

You can uninstall it if you want, I use Google Chrome (A browser made by Google) most of the time and sometimes I use Firefox, I rarely use Internet Explorer.

Before you uninstall it you should download Google Chrome or Firefox so you can still get on the internet.
04-08-2014, 04:43 AM

You can NEVER totally remove Internet Explorer from the machine as it is built into the operating system. Large parts of it are used by the system. It can prevent some Microsof based actions from completing.
04-08-2014, 04:52 AM

internet explorer is microsofts browser that comes standard on all PCs , you can't delete it and it's really useless as a browser but you can delete the shortcut and it doesn't use a lot of memory so at least its easy to ignore

I use firefox or chrome exclusively , they each have their good points

google is a search engine , not a browser so it;s not the same as i.e , i.e can set google as its default search engine or another engine like yahoo or bing
04-08-2014, 04:54 AM

Internet Explorer is commonly abbreviated IE is a series of graphical web browsers developed by Microsoft and included as part of the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, starting in 1995. It was first released as part of the add-on package Plus! for Windows 95 that year.
04-08-2014, 05:01 AM

It is your web browser. You can&#x27;t remove it, but you can change it, i suggest google chrome.
04-08-2014, 05:02 AM

Its Microsoft's Web Browser. It can be removed from the menu from here - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and turn off Windows features.