This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get traffic to online store?
04-08-2014, 04:19 AM
How to get traffic to online store?
I just started up an online store that sells beachwear products. I have my site registered with many different search engines, I've designed campaigns with Google AdWords that are being run on Google and get thousands of impressions daily, but few clicks (many people can see the ad but few people click on them), I was advertising on facebook, briefly, am advertising on Kijiji and have submitted articles to many blogs for backlinks, and am still having great difficulty gaining traffic to my website. What am I doing wrong? Does anybody have any advice on how to get my business off the ground? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:24 AM

Use social media to help attract people, make a Facebook page for the store and spread the website everywhere, just spread the store absolutely every where and keep trying, go on Facebook and look for a very popular store that sells clothing or a surf store and spread your store on there facebook page and steal some of there customers!

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:30 AM

There is a disconnect between your advertising and your market.

What keywords are you using? For example if you sell summer sandals and people searching for workboots are seeing your ads- they won't be interested in an ad that says "Summer Sandals on Sale"

Is the keyword in your headline? Is your headline worth clicking on? What reason are you giving them to click - are you doing anything to stand out?

You really need to target your offer to what your potential customer is searching for - find out what is the conversation they are having in their heads - and market to that.
04-08-2014, 04:34 AM

Quite simply: content, content, content.
To answer in more detail, you'll need to generate several articles at least loosely relevant to your products (eg. write about specific beaches, activities for the beach, sun safety...) that contain an appropriate volume of the right keywords. This will help your site rank higher on search engines and bring you more traffic. These articles have a seriously helpful and diverse range of ideas as to how to optimize through your content and promote your business with other wbsites:
http://www.rss-specifications.com/promote-your-blog.htm
http://www.businessinsider.com/10-basic-...010-1?op=1

Last of all, you may want to consider working with keyword effectiveness index (KEI) values to help you determine which keywords to concentrate on in articles so as to optimize your site, You can start doing some reading on KEI scores here:
http://www.searchenginepromotionhelp.com...icator.php

Hope this helps, and good luck!
04-08-2014, 04:36 AM

So you are looking for the best ways to drive traffic and promote your business. Right? Buddy, first of all I would ask you to rope on social media platforms as it is the smartest way of reaching out to good number of visitors. Make a Facebook page of your store and spread it as much as possible. Besides, you can make good use of the SEO techniques to make your website visible on Search engine results.
04-08-2014, 04:38 AM

Seo - search engine optimization. What that does is make your site more visible to people and gets it to the top results of for example google searches. Thats like the best way since everyone starts out looking for things on Google!

Its easier to get SEOers since they know what they are doing.
04-08-2014, 04:45 AM

Yea you need SEO or else it will be kinda hard to be honest...The site that guy suggested is a good one that I've used myself. I havent done any internet work, but thats the one i used until i stopped a while back.
04-08-2014, 04:46 AM

You also have to do Off-page SEO techniques in order to make your website visible on top in search engine results. Do forums posting, article submission, blog commenting and posting, social bookmarking and guest posting. This will help you to build quality backlinks and also drive good amount of traffic to your website.
04-08-2014, 04:55 AM

Hi Aihsek!

I think, basically, you are doing eveything right, but each of your steps should be reviewed for some improvement points. If you want, I can do that for you for free - just apply for this free website audit (http://lp.promodo.com/guides/free-site-audit/) and I with my colleagues will be happy ot help you. We are in the field of online stores promotion

If you are hesitating I can write here several suggestions:

guest posts: probably, that weren't quality blogs or they had very little traffic, or simply people were not a relevant for you audience? Have you tried http://myblogguest.com/ you can find some. I would advise to search for blogs that are relevant to your niche and tap them. Sometimes, one relevant link placed there can go a long way.

AdWords banners and messages should also be thouroughly craftet, using best conversion optimization practices. Check out this presentation - in the second part of it a huy talks about how to create really working advertising banners http://www.slideshare.net/Promodo_en/how...keting-web

As to the Facebook, do you make the use of targeting options Facebook Ads have? If to apply very narrow targeting you get two benefits - firstly, you optimize your spendings cause target on narrow audience and secondly, you are sure that your message see people which are very likely to be interested in your product (this is because you thouroughly have chosen their interests in targeting options). If it sounds interesting to you, please contact me, I will be able to give you a hand with it.

Hope it was helpful

Regards, Elena

Promodo.com