This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
connected to wifi but cant connect to the Internet?
04-08-2014, 04:19 AM
connected to wifi but cant connect to the Internet?
My laptop shows that im connected to wifi but for some reason when I open google Chrome or ie google chrome says "this webpage is not available", & ie says "this page cant be displayed". I ran my anti virus program & there's no virus. I rebooted my laptop, & even did the cmd thing. 1 thing i have noticed is that the imap, which tells you the degrees outside, still works. Can someone tell me what else I can do?
P.S. I forgot to mention that all other devices in the house work fine with the wifi. Its just my laptop.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:24 AM

Check your browser and make sure its not in offline mode. I don't use chrome but I think most browsers have this option.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:31 AM

power cycle.. Remove all the power sources & cords on the router etc, everything.. Then put it back..
04-08-2014, 04:38 AM

Refresh your router and if it is still not working, feel free to contact your internet service provider for assistance. Goodluck!
04-08-2014, 04:45 AM

Hi,

All you need to do it to change your WiFi broadcasting channel. Open up your router`s setup by entering the default gateway IP, enter username password if prompted ->go to WiFi or Wireless Lan setting and make sure that broadcasting is b/g/n mixed mode, then check what broadcasting channel is selected starting from 1 to 11/13, in case of extreme start or end make in middle like 6 or 7 and in case of any middle number like 6 to 8 make it either 10 or 3. By changing the broadcasting channel shall hopefully stop any interference with other frequencies.

Good Luck