This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats the best site for creating a free website for a project?
04-08-2014, 04:20 AM
Whats the best site for creating a free website for a project?
I need to make a website with a lot of pages, pictures and videos... and it has to be free
any ideas on which site i could make one from.. I know there is webs.com but is there another one that is maybe better?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM

wix.com will definitely help you out. Easy, fast and beautiful as they say.

Good luck !!

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:25 AM

Go on (freewebs.com) its really easy to use and they give you free links to add things and its really great i think it will help you the best good luck!!
04-08-2014, 04:27 AM

WordPress is free and easy - if you can use Microsoft Word, you can probably do the basics of WordPress. There are lots of templates ("themes") and plugins for additional functionality without having to know how to program.

If you need to get found on the search engines, WordPress is also pretty SEO-friendly, and there are plugins for that as well.

WordPress powers something like 18% of the entire World Wide Web and even many huge sites use it - I think the NY Times uses it.

Another plus: because it's so popular, people have made "how-to" videos for most anything you can get stuck on. Just search YouTube for "How to (task) Wordpress" e.g. "how to add a video to wordpress".

Hope this helps!
04-08-2014, 04:29 AM

I know about more than 40 free website creation software's with no cost. But I think wordpress is one of the best option among these.
04-08-2014, 04:35 AM

Google sites (sites.google.com/)
iWeb (on the mac - with iLife)
are both amazing!
04-08-2014, 04:37 AM

Hi there

If you have your own domain and hosting I would definitely go for wordpress....
If it needs to be a free one hosted by the service itself, blogger would be a good one (as the name says it's for blogs, but can be used for pages as well), a really easy one is weebly, but I guess it is really limited with the funtions and pages....