This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is "dreamdresses4u" a scam website?
04-08-2014, 04:20 AM
Is "dreamdresses4u" a scam website?
I found this website and it has beautiful prom dresses for cheap. I just want to know if someone has ordered from their website or have heard anything about it?!

Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:29 AM

Their shady methods make me assume the 4 month old site is another Chinese counterfeit site (though it doesn't have all the earmarks), using catalog photos stolen from designer sites, that would at best deliver junk not exactly resembling the pictures. It's on a list of sites infringing on image copyrights:
https://chillingeffects.org/dmca512c/not...ID=1435524

The domain name is registered through a Panama based proxy to conceal the real owner information, they don't even have a Contact Us page where one would look for a phone number of business address, all bad signs. It's a bit new to have reached the scam business reporting sites.

This automated review giving it a 3% trust rating says it's on a German server but may be a Russian business, (a country associated with fake ripoff sites).
http://www.scamadviser.com/is-dreamdress...-site.html

One comparison shopping trick is using Google image search by example to find the same dress on other sites, on my browser I would:
1) Right click on a small image for Copy Image Location
2) Go to Google image search tab
3) Click the tiny camera icon in the search entry box and paste the address of the image.

That first peach dress shown appears in 58 results.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:33 AM

Hello, I ordered a dress off of this website and the people were very friendly and stayed in contact with me the entire delivery process. It took a little while to get the dress, like a month, but it was absolutely gorgeous. NOT A SCAM