This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Web browsers stop working periodically?
04-08-2014, 04:20 AM
Web browsers stop working periodically?
I've seen some problems like mine but this case is pretty weird.

About a week ago, my web browsers would stop working for long periods of time and then work for about two minutes or less. However, I'm still connected (steam/skype/other internet applications work like normal)

When I open chrome (or firefox or ie), google loads normally (though it will occasionally take a few seconds longer than normal to load) and when I type in something to search, it shows suggestions based on what I type in like normal but after I actually start the search, the page remains blank except for the search box and google buttons placed at the top like normal with no search results. If not that, then the window will appear to be loading but will just hang forever.

The same thing happens if I go to any other web page; the window looks like it's loading but it just hangs for a while.

I've tried rebooting, disabling proxy settings in the control panel (they weren't enabled in the first place), disabling and enabling network adapter. At the moment, browsers only work in safe mode.

Thanks in advanced.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM

try reinstalling. this could easily be corrupted files.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply