This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
router/modem login problem?
04-08-2014, 04:21 AM
router/modem login problem?
Alright, I have a router/modem from BEC technologies (http://portforward.com/default_username_...

I have the 5200W model, it was in text under the router/modem I am using. After having the default u.n. and p.w. I grabbed a paper clip, pushed and held the button for 35 seconds, and let go. When the router booted back up and I entered my default gateway (192.168.1.254) into my browser and was prompted to put in the username/password for my "wireless adsl modem/router". After entering "admin" for both the username and password and clicking "login", it clears the username and password. So, as far as I can tell, the default username and password for my router are not working, even though I reset the router/modem back to factory settings. I'm so confused, what is the problem?

I am absolutely sure that I do not have capslock on when I am entering the information.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:29 AM

I would look back at the reset instruction a lot of times the process is not just as simple as pressing the reset button with a paperclip. Sometimes it ask you to hold it down for 10 seconds then power it of then holding the reset button down while powering it on.
Your best bet is to read the reset instructions and make sure you went threw it properly or if there isn't some other quirky little thing you have to do for your specific router. Hopes this helps you out with your issue.

BOL

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply