This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
was my mom right for snooping?
04-08-2014, 04:21 AM
was my mom right for snooping?
I am turning 18 in a few months. I have an almost 3 month old daughter. Obviously I haven't made the best decisions but overall I am NOT a bad kid.

My mom has snooped through my laptop and Facebook multiple times. She has a laptop of her own so the only reason she would go on mine is to look through it.

I have not been acting out or giving her a reason to think anything is up or out of the ordinary. This morning when I woke up she told me I left my Facebook open. I left it open on my account on my laptop. She went through personal messages with friends and my boyfriend ( & father of my child) She said she wanted to talk but I told her I didn't wanna talk about anything because she never respects my privacy. She hasn't talked to me all day because shes mad at me. Was I wrong?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:27 AM

no.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:29 AM

She has no right to look through your laptop now that you're an adult, that is if that's the case by law where you live. Maybe you should secure your laptop then this won't be an issue. If she has no computer and uses yours then password your account and create a restricted account for her to use.

As for the issue of having a kid so young, that may not have been the best decision in your opinion but it does have its advantages. You won't find yourself in my position of being middle aged but still having another ten years of parenting yet to come, by the time you're my age (43) your kid(s) will have grown up and left home, and you'll be free to do whatever you like.
04-08-2014, 04:37 AM

What's wrong is her, Find a way to lock up your laptop, Like in a container with a lock on it. You still have a right to privacy even if you are living under her roof.
04-08-2014, 04:45 AM

Depends. Are you paying your own bills? Is she paying for the internet? If you aren&#x27;t supporting urself and baby yet then she has rights as the parent to do whatever she likes!!!
04-08-2014, 04:54 AM

Your an adult and a mum yourself now an she should respect that, she wouldn&#x27;t want you to go through her personal things so why should she Confused explain how it makes you feel and ask why she is concerned ano ugh to be doing it if there Arnt concerns or problems and she&#x27;s just being plain nosey then tell her to back off
04-08-2014, 05:02 AM

no
04-08-2014, 05:07 AM

Yes you are wrong. I do not go through my kids stuff but I would if they acted out. We need to know what is going on and what you are up to.
04-08-2014, 05:14 AM

You are under her roof? She may do so. Privacy is when you live on your own.
When you are on your own then it is a different story. If you have nothing to hide what is the problem.
04-08-2014, 05:16 AM

Well, you were a bit silly and childish. Not that she is squeaky clean here, but you might have considered that she's obviously concerned about you, and it would have been wise to at least hear her out first before slamming the proverbial door in her face.

Now you're not talking to her (after all, SHE wanted to talk and YOU said you don't want to talk about ANYTHING) and she's not talking to you, and there is some issue festering between the two of you and you don't even really know what it's about. Does that sound like an ideal situation to you?