This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pregnancy announcement?
04-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Pregnancy announcement?
I am after some links and ideas on ways to announce to our parents and siblings that there will be a new baby in the family!
Something a bit quirky and fun

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:28 AM

Pregnancy
Got a bun in the oven? Congratulations! Here are some funny, cute, and totally creative ways to break the news to your family and friends when you're ready to announce your pregnancy, from our Facebook fans!
Slideshow - 21 photos
http://www.parenting.com/creative-ways-t...-pregnancy

Pregnancy Announcement Wins: 20 Funny Photos of Clever Couples Announcing Their New Bundle of Joy
http://www.heavy.com/social/2013/12/funn...ics-ideas/

Telling family

Your pregnancy is big news for your parents as well, especially if it's their first grandchild. Of course, there's nothing wrong with just calling them up or arranging a video chat and saying, "Guess what?" But some expectant parents like to liven things up a little.

"I set up a lunch date with my mom, and when we met at the restaurant, I said, 'We're so glad to see you!' She was confused and said, 'We, who?' All I had to do was smile and put my hand on my belly. She got it immediately."

"I sent six blue and five pink carnations to my parents and my in-laws with a note attached that said, 'Some are pink and some are blue. The color there's more of is your clue.' His parents got it right away, but I had to explain it to mine."

"I plan to create a holiday card saying, 'Happy holidays from us, dog, and baby on the way.' Then I'll nonchalantly ask my parents to proofread it," says one mom. "I have a feeling they'll have to read it a few times!"

Giving your parents little gifts is another fun way to go. "We gave my mom and mother-in-law copies of Goodnight Moon with a sticky note saying, 'Something to read to your grandchild,'" one mom says. Other gift ideas include bibs, booties, and pacifiers. Or you could give them something they'll wear themselves – like a shirt or hat that says "World's Best Grandma" or "World's Best Grandpa."

Sending a card via snail mail works great, too. "We sent my parents and in-laws a card meant for grandparents instead of parents, and inside we wrote my due date," says one mom. Another says, "My mother-in-law's birthday is in a week and I'm sending her a birthday card with one of my sonogram pictures inside. I'm adding one of those speech bubble stickers next to the baby that says 'Happy Birthday, Nana. See you October 15th!'"

Have an older child? Get her in on the act. "I taught my 2-year-old to respond to the question 'Where's the baby?' by pointing to my belly. I recorded it on video and sent it to all the family. I got so many excited calls and texts back, it was great!" says one mom.

If you're having a family get-together, consider making your announcement over dessert. "We ordered pink and blue M&M's that said 'we're having' and 'a baby' on them," says one mom. "We passed them out after dinner and waited to see who'd notice first."

{There is more from this article at the source below.]

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:31 AM

Oh yeah, I did read a blog post from a friend about this. I will try check it out for you.

IMO, maybe you can do something like a postcard with funny stuff written in it and send it to your peeps.

Maybe, you get some heap of clothes and keep them in your stomach, make it look like 8 months old pregnancy and snap some photos.lol
04-08-2014, 04:39 AM

http://www.balloonsandmorefun.com/ I sing a gram haha shocking I know but that's the whole point x