This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How much is Comcast internet only?
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM
How much is Comcast internet only?
Our Comcast bill is becoming very expensive. We have TV and Internet, we are thinking of switching to a different TV provider. However we still want to keep the internet because they have no data cap (as I play a lot of xbox live). We currently have the Blast internet package and i was wondering how much it would be just for the internet? As im sure they will charge us more just for internet

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:30 AM

It varies depending on your location. In Chicago I have the Blast package for internet only and my bill is $80-90-something per month including taxes and such (I don't remember the exact amount)

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:32 AM

Where I'm at in Indiana it's about $72 after the $6 wifi modem rental but it depends on where you're at. call Comcast and ask
04-08-2014, 04:42 AM

I cut the cord with Comcast a few years ago. I had both internet and cable TV service. At that time, they added about $42 to my monthly bill for the internet. I believe that if I wasn't a cable subscriber and just wanted the internet, they would have charged me more like $60.

I gave up on cable TV and subscribed to AT&T's internet service, which only costs me $25 per month. It is a little slower than Comcast internet, but considering the money that I'm saving, I can live with it.

The one thing I really miss about cable TV is that I have to miss a lot of sports.
04-08-2014, 04:52 AM

in NJ near philly, I gota mailing from c-cast for $59/mo, but w/ the mass of c-cast,s add-on fees, that,s prob $70 something. not net only, tho.

I have net only via Clearwire @ $40 total/mo, but it,s the slow version, ok for surfing.

==

abt sports, some streaming services like Roku offer espn. Roku hardware is abt $80, and you use it via your ISP.