This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Samsung Galaxy Note or iPhone 4S?
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM
Samsung Galaxy Note or iPhone 4S?
I was an iPhone 4 user, but it unfortunately got snatched from me.

I'm going to buy a new phone and I can't decide between Samsung Galaxy Note and iPhone 4S.

I know a lot of things about iOS already and I've grown to be comfortable with it, and I would love to get an iPhone 4S, but I'm just a college student and I'm on a budget (I don't want to ask money from my folks). So, I'm wondering if it's worth ditching iphone for a galaxy note, or should I just stick with the iphone?

here are my needs:
internet anytime anywhere (much like iphone's cellular data)
a good camera (sometimes this is what I use for notes.)
school-related apps like dictionary, converter, encyclopedia, etc (this is what made me love iphone)
..basically that's it.

I would also like to know if Samsung Galaxy has these apps:
Instagram
Foursquare
Viber

thank you!
please choose just between the two thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:28 AM

yeah good one

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:30 AM

Galaxy note! Or galaxy s 3
04-08-2014, 04:39 AM

Galaxy note.
04-08-2014, 04:46 AM

samsung galaxy note definately!!!!!!! iphoen is shit - it just looks nice. all the samsung galaxys are genuinely astounding.
04-08-2014, 04:49 AM

Galaxy! I have an S3 and I'm pretty sure it has all those apps.
04-08-2014, 04:59 AM

Galaxy Note! How can you say no to that massive screen?!!!

Your Needs Are Meet:
Internet Anytime Anywhere: YES
A Good Camera: YES
School Related Apps: YES

Instagram: YES
Foursquare: YES
Viber: YES
04-08-2014, 05:03 AM

I have experience with both, and the only downsides to the Note are that screen clarity goes down from the 4S, and the app collection is not as good as Apple's. However, the Google Play Store is increasing with more and more apps each day, and there are plenty of school related apps, even equation solvers using your own handwriting. They both have 8 MP cameras with Full HD recording, the Note has a faster processor, allowing for better running of apps. They both have 4G, which is pretty fast, and the Note's browser comes with Adobe Flash, great for doing online stuff. Instagram, Foursquare, and Viber are all on Google Play.

I would definitely go with the Note or another Android smartphone, like the Galaxy S III. They are faster, they have bigger screens, and basically beat Apple's products any day. They can take a week or two to get used to, but its worth it.
04-08-2014, 05:08 AM

I'm no Fandroid (I've had 3 Android devices that all disappointed within a day) but I'd think the Note's handwriting possibilities would be attractive to a student. The overly large screen should help for quick referencing as well. Although my first Android was an early Samsung and it was junk, I've heard nothing but good about them recently.
04-08-2014, 05:12 AM

I perfect big screens and iphone 4s is too small for me.