This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is my internet slow or fast?
04-08-2014, 04:23 AM
is my internet slow or fast?
I have normally around 30 mb of cogeco and my friend who knows that his internet is slow has only 0.60mb of internet. I told him that my internet is only 35 dollars and I it a really good deal because we never experience lag. anyway he starts yelling at me that my internet is **** and that he is going to pay 100 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR 50 MB OF INTERNET!!!!!!!. the only thing he does his parents will check there email and he will be on xbox live well they are watching Netflix. will 30 mb be good for him?
and also my upload speed is 10 mb
http://www.speedtest.net/result/3232382143.png thi sis the latest speed test of my internet

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:33 AM

30 down,10 up is a great connection....if he wants to pay more for a 50 down connection....thats up to him.

streaming Netflix AND playing Xbox online at the same time is still pulling alot,but I think 30 is good enough....but if others are trying to download stuff at same time...ofcourse 50 will be better...he can tell by using some apps to monitor speed and latency

check out dslreports.com they have some tools and good forums also.....and it sounds to me like he would waste is money by going with the 50,cause usually people who need/want 50 know already how to tell if their data and latency aren't up to the job

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:38 AM

Your internet is great. It sounds like he currently has horrible 768K dsl. His 50MB claim sounds like some high end Comcast internet. It's better than 30MB, but you really don't need more than 30MB to do anything including gaming. His internet sounds like AT&T junk DSL, yours sounds like normal Comcast, his 50MB sounds like expensive Comcast. The only place you'll see a difference between 30MB and 50MB is on speedtest.net and other benchmark sites.