This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook removed page without a factual reason?
04-08-2014, 04:24 AM
Facebook removed page without a factual reason?
I created a page last year about an abuser that I was appealing out to the public to make them aware of this person (with over 200 pieces of evidence) ...I also have news reports to back my statements up, the abuser who was mentioned on my page got their family and friends to report my page.... at first it didn't work because there was nothing on my page that violated Facebook terms and conditions.. I got 266 likes before my Facebook page was removed for "SELF HARM" (ridiculous!) on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 16:29................. WE NEVER EVER POSTED SELF HARM!! EVER!! I appealed the decision and have e-mailed Facebook numerous times to revise what it was reported for and that way they could see we never posted anything that was violating their terms and conditions, especially not self harm of all things!! I have news reports and evidence to back up everything on that page and numerous statements from the public that was posted onto the page. Is there any way I can e-mail someone higher up in Facebook to think about re-publishing my page or at least get a reply as to why "self harm" was supposedly posted onto my page and because it wasn't, why did they remove my page under "self harm" ..in fact why did they remove my page at all!! As you can see its been months without this page and I certainly don't want to make a new one because there is nothing wrong with the one they unpublished. Why do they want to hide an abuser from the public? people have a right to know, especially when I learnt through the hard way because of the person!!! I hope you do not find this difficult to follow/read or understand.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:31 AM

The reality is simple...

Facebook is a private company, and as such can run their site as they see fit. If they decided that what you posted violated their terms of service, they are going to delete it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply