This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have you ever read the news that A New York federal court has suspended DVDfab's websites?
04-08-2014, 04:25 AM
Have you ever read the news that A New York federal court has suspended DVDfab's websites?
As one movie fan,I often read related news on twitter and some social bookmarking websites.However,today I noticed one news greatly amazed me that DVDfab was in great trouble by being blocked by New York federal court.Why this should happen?Anything wrong that people backup their own media after paid for the disks with it? Am I the only one that feels confused??
I feel this really ridiculous. DVDFab seems to be a Chinese company.Even the users in usa would against the DMCA. And many also go to the new ilikedvdfab.com to vote and support for them.Should this be ironic??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:28 AM

There's this law called the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). While it's legal to make a copy of a song, film, etc. that you own for your own use, it's illegal to break any protection put in place that prevents copying. DVD's and Blu-ray discs have any copy measures built in making it illegal to make copies of the content since you'd have to get around the copy protection to do it.

Now doing this on your own means you're not likely to be caught but DVDfab was selling tools that violate the law so now they're going to court.

– Dominic

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:32 AM

I found DVDFab restored business at http://www.dvdfab.cn to serve existing customers.
The injunction is ridiculous, people have the right to deal with things they bought for personal purpose. Let’s go to http://www.ilikedvdfab.com and support it!