This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does My Friend Have a' Girl Crush' on Me? Y/N 10pts?
04-08-2014, 04:27 AM
Does My Friend Have a' Girl Crush' on Me? Y/N 10pts?
I'm 24, female, and suffer from socially anxiety disorder, low self-confidence, loneliness and occasional bouts of extreme depression. I don't have any close friends, and have trouble making them these days due to my anxiety and inability to form connections with people. (It's weird because I wasn't like this as a kid) Anyway, I was an university student studying for my English BA in university for 3+ years not too long ago. During my third year of university I ended up, completely by chance, befriending a really kind girl, Hannah, who was a film major in my Creative Writing class. (I became acquaintances with a few of her friends as well.) Last year I was going to start my 4th year of university when my family moved cities to be closer to our store. So it's been a year and a few months since I've seen Hannah. However, I've kept in touch with her via sending her Christmas cards and even a Valentine's Day card. We also say happy birthday to each other via Facebook.

Just a few weeks ago, Hannah sent me an invite to a private screening of her newest film she directed via facebook. I ended up attending yesterday and throughout my time there Hannah would periodically come over to me, I would go up to her or we’d just bump into each other and she would hug me. At one point she introduced me to one of her friends as her ‘boyfriend.’(This was weird for me. I mean, I’m genderqueer and kind of boyish at times but I can be girly too, so most people have NO idea about my gender identity and would never refer to me as a ‘boy’) Back in the class we had together she always used to say I ‘looked so cool,’ dressed really nice etc. and I couldn’t help wondering sometimes if she had a girl crush on me lol Needless to say the whole ‘boyfriend’ introduction was random and kind of embarrassing. I forgive her though because she was getting pretty hammered (slurring words and falling on your ass front of everyone) hammered.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:33 AM

It was no big deal. She does like you. It was a bit half-hearted way to introduce you, like you are a dear and trusted friend. I would not worry about it, unless you are thinking about a relationship with her.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply