This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why can't I remove conduit in firefox?
04-08-2014, 04:27 AM
why can't I remove conduit in firefox?
Tried everything I could find online to get rid of this search.conduit.com. No files can be found anywhere, yet it's still there! How can it be hidden so well after using 4 different maleware programs to get rid of it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:30 AM

i spend a week tryin to do the same i installed a program on line to get that shit out of my pcnb ut i forgot wishone sorry

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:36 AM

Its really simple, I had trouble with it to but here is how to get rid of it
open firefox and then type about:config in the address bar, a warning screen will come up and ask you to be Careful, just agree, then scroll down to Browser Search Order 1 and you should see Conduit there, right click and on the drop down menu click Reset and it will go back to google search, if not you can Modify and type in google.
Also if you see conduit near there anywhere else just right click and reset that too. then close and restart firefox, thats it.
04-08-2014, 04:39 AM

I think this is the only way to finish off an uninstallation of this conduit thing as I used it and it worked for me.
Press start 'button' and 'r' together to bring up the run dialogue box.
Type in this box regedit.exe and this will load the registry editor, press ctrl f to bring up the search dialogue and type in conduit.com. Press enter and wait for the first occurrence of probably three or four in total.
I would advise you delete all the occurrences of this as windows did not come with it.