This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
debate topics in Indian scenario?
04-08-2014, 04:29 AM
debate topics in Indian scenario?
I've searched google a lot, pondered upon many social problems but could not find a suitable topic.. Please help me out

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:34 AM

I assume you mean you are looking for topics to debate that are more relevant to India. Perhaps I misunderstood, but that sounds the most likely.

One more thing: Some of the questions I pose for your topic of debate could sound offensive to certain groups within India. This is not my intent and I am not trying to be rude either, so I apologise in advance if it comes across that way as I am not overly familiar with your way of life or culture.
Anyhow here goes:

1/ Will the next most powerful world superpower be India or China?
2/ How can India further improve its economic standing without contributing to global warming?
3/ Is it important to not only increase prosperity for the higher castes in the Hindu religion but also the lower castes too or should they be happy to serve the higher castes as they always have?
4/ What will be the logistical, economic and environmental implications for a richer India?
5/ As India becomes more wealthy will this increase tensions between religious groups or is this expected to have a positive impact on cohabitation?
6/ Will social welfare eventually be introduced for the poorest of Indians that are still begging on the streets?

That should do as a starter.
Remember please don't take offence at my possible topics for debate. I have never been to India and know only what I have learned about your country from the media and an Indian teacher from high school.
Anyhow I've noticed that Indians tend to be particularly sensitive to rudeness or criticism so am being as careful as I can to avoid that.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply