This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need to put all my files/music/pictures online?
04-08-2014, 04:30 AM
I need to put all my files/music/pictures online?
My laptop is having problems and is being picked up for reparation on Thursday. So I need to put ALL my files somewhere online
I need to save Word, PDF, JPEG, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop files.
I have about 50 GB of files which need saving.
I have looked into Dropbox and Skydrive- any suggestions which is better? Or if there is anything better?
Just now I tried uploading a Photoshop file which took almost 5 minutes so I'm worried I wouldn't even be able to get everything uploaded in time. Any way to make it go quicker?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:35 AM

download utorrent. then click create new torrent. select all your files. wait for an hour and you have 50gb reduce to about 400 kb

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:41 AM

An external hard drive would be a *much* better option, as it will have a faster transfer rate than an Internet connection. If you use a backup program (such as the one included with your operating system), it can save your files even faster than a standard copy/paste.

The next fastest option would be to transfer to another computer connected to your router/access point. You would, however, need to enable file sharing on both computers, put them in the same networking workgroup, and ensure that you have accounts with passwords on both computers.

You might even have better luck burning your files to recordable DVDs (or using your backup program to do so).
04-08-2014, 04:46 AM

If you have about 50GB you need to store, I'd suggest using https://mega.co.nz/ as they offer 50GB free encrypted storage, unlike Dropbox with only 2GB free space, and SkyDrive with only 7GB. Mega is just like those 2 services, only better.