This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is using the Internet bad for you?
04-08-2014, 04:30 AM
Is using the Internet bad for you?
I am 20 and I have been using the Internet all of my teens and I just can't imagine what my life would be like if I lived without it. I use the Internet for everything such as: gaming, Sci Fi discussions, redditing, reading fanfiction, learning and so on. I would like to know if the Internet is bad for you?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:38 AM

Depends on how you use it.
You can make a bomb or get a degree from it.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:44 AM

Holy crap, we are both the same age and use the internet for the exact same thing lmao.

Yes unfortunately, it is. I remember one night I was up all night just playing my mmo games instead of sleeping. Then the next morning, I went to school and I fainted because of sleep deprivation. I stopped for a month and actually did not use the computer unless it was necessary. (work e-mails and things like that) and I found myself more productive. More aware of everything. I wasn't a internet zombie like I was before.
The people on here can be awful too. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard on the news that some young girl committed suicide because some random site called her ugly. The internet is good for somethings but it can play an ugly toll on people who use it a lot or mis use it.
04-08-2014, 04:48 AM

The internet is a tool like any other. It is neither good nor bad. It all depends upon what you are doing with it. If it keeps you from doing other things that you need to do or should do, like schoolwork or normal socializing, then it certainly isn't being used for good ... If you are able to discipline yourself so that your life is still balanced and you do things like get proper exercise, then it is fine. But if if turns you into a mushroom that stays in a dimly lit room with multiple monitors while you sit there all day gaming and munching on junk food ... what do you think ...
04-08-2014, 04:58 AM

http://tinyurl.com/omyyd5z
04-08-2014, 05:01 AM

The internet is good for somethings but it can play an ugly toll on people who use it a lot or mis use it.