This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lost phone for years but number still active today?
04-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Lost phone for years but number still active today?
I lost my phone 5 years ago, that was 2009 then, when i left it somewhere. I tried to call it hoping that someone with a good heart would give it back. But unfortunately, NO. My phone was turned off. ...So just this last January 2014 my friend messaged me on facebook. He said he tried to call me on my number registered to his phone (which is the one i lost) and someone picked it up saying she doesn't know me and my friend dialled the wrong number. I was shocked knowing that id lost it already and prolly the one who got my phone already threw my sim card.
Just now, as I was updating my account on a website, I saw that I registered there 2009 and i had placed my old digits in my profile. So I tried to dial it. It rang.

How did this happen? Somebody told me that there were people who recycles sim cards like it was a brand new number. Or, does TELCOs recycle numbers themselves??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:32 AM

Yes, telcos recycle your number. Happened to me a few times.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:38 AM

cell phone companies recycle old phone numbers every 6 months or so. she said it was the wrong number to throw you off, for privacy reasons. I never verify that you have the right number, even if you do.