This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autobiography on my life with lesbian parents.?
10-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Autobiography on my life with lesbian parents.?
Hello, my name is Drake Porter. I have decided I would like to write and autobiography on my life being raised by lesbian parents. I however happen to only be 14 and in my freshmen year of high school. From what I have been told by other authors and family members, is that my current age would help make the book seem more "real". I grew up raised by a single lesbian mom until I was about four. My father has slipped in and out of my life, however I usually only see him once a year. My mother fell in love with first step mother Daniela. I became attached to Daniela, or as I have always called her Danie. I grew up in a close neighborhood as an only child with no father and two mothers. When I was about 7, my mother and Danie decided to break up. This was extremely hard for me however I kept in touch with Danie. I would go to Danies house every weekend to spend time with her and my old friends. When my Mother and Danie broke up Danie got the house. My Mother decided to live with my grandmother and grandfather, and take me with. While I love my grandmother very much the living conditions were frightening. My grandmother was a hoarder and still is to date. The house was filled with trash and bugs, there was no where to sleep and the backyard, which was twice the size of the house, was even worst. I was put into a new school to make new friends in a new, and quite scary, house. This didn't last too long though, after about two years my mother fell in love once again. My mother fell in love with my current step mother Venessa. Venessa worked in marketing and brought me and my mother into a new life style. At first we had no cable, we barely had internet, and lived in a hot apartment with few amenities. As time went by, Venessa earned a promotion and my mother was able to quit her job where she was constantly harassed by her boss. We moved into a new apartment and I moved into middle school. This was truly the time where I had trouble having lesbian parents. I grew up in the state of Texas, a very republican state to say the least. I also spent my 5th-7th grade years in a very wealthy area. This meant that gay jokes and "fag" humor was everywhere. People acted like there was something wrong with it, and often said my parents belonged in hell. I have only told a hand full of people throughout my life, and even today that my parents are lesbians. I grew up lying about my parents which eventually grew into a terrible lying addiction. I remade my life making myself seem like a much more successful person than I was. Eventually my mother caught on began monitoring my Facebook and from there I improved. A real life changer came right after this. First once of my best friends from my last neighborhood where Danie currently lives was hit by a car. He survived for one day and then passed away. I had never experienced a death of someone close to me and never though of death previous to this event. I found myself in a large fear of death scared for my life at the age of 10. Shortly after, my grandfather passed away. This not only worsened my fear of death, it also put my mother in a severe depression. I spent my days trying to bring comfort to my depressed mother. At this time Venessa and her were having a unstable relationship and they momentarily broke up. This was an extremely difficult time in my life. I also began changing as a person dramatically at this time. I changed how i dressed how I did my hair and my outlooks on life. I began to not be as afraid of death and started to enjoy life, my mother and Venessa got back together and we bonded greatly as a family. I got into dancing and made new friends. As the years went on everything just got better, I still very frequently experienced the "fag" jokes I never once thought my parents were any different from others though. I eventually moved to Chicago leaving everything behind, I originally went into a minor depression myself actually. I had been struggling with ADHD, and having to find new friends and now new hobbies. I had left my dancing friends behind and took on a totally new outlook on life. Life went on adn things got better I eventually discovered my love for God. Once I took on a Christian faith and mentality I decided to do things for the better, to stop thinking so much and give to others. When I look back at it I don't think I would've turned out better had my parents been man and woman. I grew up in very tough situations with a difficult outlook on life. Through thick and thin my mother was always with me, even today she is cheering me on to write this book. What I would like to ask you guys is, how do I start? Yes it may seem to be a quite obvious question but for me its very hard. I don't know how to format a book or even how to start. Are the any programs on the computer that help with writing a book as far as organizing goes. Plus any other recommendations and what do you think.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 08:35 PM

It doesn't matter how you start. If you're inclined you can start it with "Hello, my name is Drake Porter." You should just write. Publishing is a long way off and irrelevant at this point. Write your story, get feedback from family and friends and if you know anyone who is good at basic English, get them to give you any necessary tips on where you can improve your grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Only when your story has passed the polish test will it even be ready for a publisher anyway.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply