This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Another Minecraft question...?
04-08-2014, 04:32 AM
Another Minecraft question...?
If I build a big world on Minecraft and then my PC dies while Minecraft is on the PC, is there a way to put my Minecraft world on a Flash Drive and carry it to another computer or is it permanently on the old PC?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:37 AM

It depends how you PC fails. If the hard drive stops working, there is no way to put it on another computer. However, you can backup your worlds before that happens by pressing the Windows key and R at the same time, and typing %appdata%\.minecraft\saves\YourWorldName.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:44 AM

Your world should be on your account, so if you download it to another computer you just have to type in your account info, and it should still be their.
04-08-2014, 04:47 AM

I make regular backups of my minecraft world every 12 hours.

Eventually ALL computers fail, it has never been a question of IF its always a question of WHEN.

But most people have either dumped them or sold them before it happens lol.

Anyway just open the minecraft folder and copy the folder called WORLD. That can then be put on a usb drive - you just need to keep copying it over (tip use 2 usb drives - the amount of times ive heard the backup has failed or cant be read is A LOT. so use 2.)