This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I've never used Skype. Questions:?
04-08-2014, 04:35 AM
I've never used Skype. Questions:?
Ok so... Skype is some video chat thing right? Do I have to video chat? Or can I like, just make a call without showing my face? Cos a random person I know on DA wants to meet me on Skype and I just found out she lives in UK like I do so that's making me uneasy about it. I think she's like an hour or two away from me though...

Anyway... I do have friends I know that want to me to get Skype so my other questions are...
If I get Skype on iPad can I video chat with people who's not on iPad? Cos I don't have a web cam... So... Yeah... And I prefer my iPad so I can do video chat wherever. Like my friend who usually sits in the hallway and you see shadows where people are stepping over her. It's pretty funny actually.
Also... Does it cost anything? Or Free?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:38 AM

It doesn't cost anything unless you're making actual phone calls to phone numbers!

Also, you don't have to video chat to communicate with someone on Skype. It's basically an instant messenger with video chat available and sound available

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:43 AM

Simply...

Just use Skype like hell. It is a superb interface designed to make unlimited free calls across the world.

So, as u use Skype on your iPad, you can make voice calls too on skype. In this voice call, you can't see each other. You can just talk. You can even use Skype for sending files, emoticons, text messages on skype...

Secondly, you have to make sure the other party has a webcam and you have it too for making a video call. It doesn't matter with what devices they may use for accessing Skype. U may use it in ur iPad, some may use it in laptop or android tablets etc. Just have to sure of one thing when you wish to make a video call to a person... BOTH THE PARTIES SHOULD HAVE A WEBCAM.

You even have the options to disable the video of yours when you're on a video chat with someone.

So keep exploring much about Skype and you'll just love it so much for the quality of being free as it uses only your internet connection for that.