This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sky Traffic Management?
04-08-2014, 04:36 AM
Sky Traffic Management?
So, as many of you may know... If you are a sky connect broadband customer, you are subject to their Traffic Management policy, this means that if you are a regular user of the internet, Sky punish you for it and slow down your internet terribly in the evenings.

Here's the problem.. In the terms and conditions of this policy, sky specifically underline that they will NOT slow down things such as browsing, emailing, gaming and instant chat, however, sky completely lied to me here. After 5:15 PM my whole internet shuts down, I can't do anything, loading this ask page took about 20 times longer than it would before 5:15.. I can't play any games that require an internet connection, not even minecraft or runescape, I can't even load my facebook page, when I do a speed check on speedtest.net , it says that my download speed is 0.01Mbps?! Now im sure that this is way over the top compared to what sky say in their policy, also... Sky do it constantly every day for weeks, and then give me about 3 days of normal internet before doing it again for weeks, even if I barely use the internet!

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so I would love if someone could share with me ways of which I can avoid traffic shaping!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:42 AM

I am with Sky BB, and can say that I have never experienced what you are experiencing. I pretty much get the full 20mbit from them 24/7
A 5:15pm does some one in your household start to watch TV on Demand with the Sky HD Receiver or other users download stuff, if so, that will be using some of your total bandwidth.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply