This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Friends Facebook photo albums?
04-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Friends Facebook photo albums?
I have asked a Facebook friend to change the privacy settings on some of her albums from 'public' to 'friends only':

These albums contain some photos of me and I don't want them on Facebook.

I have a job in law which requires my Facebook privacy to be very tight. I have asked her to change the settings a few times but she has read the messages and ignored them. I want her to change the settings and to also remove some photos she has of me, but she hasn't despite her knowing about my job and me explaining exactly why I need them removing. Is there a way Facebook can remove the photos on my behalf and to change the settings? I rarely see her anymore to be honest.

Unfriending her won't fix the photo issue as they will still exist. I have untagged myself as much as I can but the photos are still there.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:40 AM

The Only Thing you Can Do is Report the Photos to Facebook and Hope That They Take them Down

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:48 AM

Since you have a job that requires privacy, I should think that if you report the issue and explain your circumstance that Facebook will help you in having these photos removed. You could let them know that it puts you in danger each time a photo of you is posted publicly. You don't say what you do other than "in law", but I can see a huge safety issue if you work undercover.

Obviously, you know this person in real life because she has photos of you. Give her a call and ask her to meet you for lunch or coffee. This way, you can discuss the matter in person and fully explain where the danger comes from. Unless a person is in law enforcement, they don't understand how posting a simple photo can cause problems. Hopefully, she will be understanding. Also, hopefully, she won't be posting photos of you anymore, including group shots. If you are in a group shot that she wants to post, she can edit your face out of it.

Good luck. I hope I helped.
04-08-2014, 04:54 AM

Report the photos to facebook and explain why you want them removed
04-08-2014, 05:00 AM

You can't do anything so ignored them or says directly to that person.