This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it legal to raise money for hosting a website?
04-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Is it legal to raise money for hosting a website?
I would like to host a social networking website, but need money. I want to use an online fundraising website to raise the money. The website I am trying to create is for Harry Potter fans. I was thinking that if Harry Potter fans want it to happen, they would donate. The only problem is that I don't know if it is legal to raise money like this. Will you all tell me if this is legal. What website or websites should I use? Thank you!
Will you all tell me if this is legal?
What website or websites should I use?
It is a social networking website, and the KickStarter guidelines said this: Kickstarter cannot be used to fund websites or apps focused on e-commerce, business, and social networking.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:41 AM

sure it is legal, as long as you apply your VAT rules. You have to pay taxes on any income you get.

You could try kickstarter.com, one which is used most frequently.

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:42 AM

Raising money is legal. No fund raising site will touch your proposal unless you have full legal clearance to use "Harry Potter" or anything associated with the franchise. You will not be able to get this.

You need a fully developed business plan to raise funds...

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/guidelines