This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does it mean when someone follows you on Twitter?
09-30-2012, 11:41 PM
What does it mean when someone follows you on Twitter?
I'm new at this and I was wondering what does it mean when someone follows you on Twitter, and why do they do it? (I'm 40, have to forgive me)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 11:49 PM

Well I guessing my case, it is friends and people that I have gone to school with. They do it to just keep in touch with what you ar up too i suppose. I had a twitter account but didn't Stick to it.

Ads

09-30-2012, 11:49 PM

If you get a Twitter account, you get the ability to post short notes on your own Twitter web page... and that's it. The ONLY way someone reads it is if they specifically look up your Twitter account and go to your page.

Once there, another Twitter user can "Follow" you by clicking a button and then whenever you Tweet, they will receive the message on their device and their page.

To be honest, it's kind of worthless unless you are trying to reach a group of people. If your whole family is on Twitter, they can follow you - and it allows you to Tweet to them all at the same time. It's a good way to tell the family to meet you at the ballpark or restaurant. Other than that, I don't care if you are eating deep-fried worms... so there has to be a good reason to follow you.

You CAN follow various stars as they Tweet about their amazingly "normal" life of privilege.