This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible to have two different internet providers in the same house?
04-08-2014, 04:39 AM
Is it possible to have two different internet providers in the same house?
I live with my uncle and his family, and my mom and sister. We rent a back house to some people, anyways, recently my uncle purchased a smart tv and it has apps, so now his tv, his computer, my sisters laptop, my smart phone and my moms smart phone, are on the wi-fi and I play online via ps3 wirelessly, the router is in our garage. My uncle refuses to upgrade the speed, because he "can't afford it" and also he and his family don't experience this lag but I do. So I was wondering if it was possible for me to get my own internet. He has time warner internet, and the people in the back, have Verizon cable I believe but no internet, I want to get Verizon fios but I wasn't sure if I'll be able to, would really love it if someone can provide a useful answer.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:46 AM

yes you can have two internet connection in your house if the existing connection is using 192.168.0.1 as the gateway you should set the second internet connection to 192..168.1.1

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:55 AM

If AT&T U-verse is available in your area, you can get that, it goes through the phone lines.