This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Domain Name and SEO - Question?
04-08-2014, 04:41 AM
Domain Name and SEO - Question?
I want to get a proper domain name for my website, I have done SEO already and I am getting quite a decent amount of hits and rankings on google. If I change it to a proper __________.com domain, will it affect my SEO in a bad way?

(RE-ASKED FOR MORE ANSWERS)
Ok, well it is not majorly good ranking but it has been improving and I have my current domain posted everywhere!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:43 AM

Hi.

Tell me your domain now.

If it's good and it has a good ranking - why do you want to change this ?

Ads

04-08-2014, 04:45 AM

Yes, If you change the domain name. Your website ranking and traffic will be affected.
04-08-2014, 04:49 AM

Yes, If you change domain . Your ranking will go down.... you should redirect the old domain on new domain it will be fine your ranking..................
04-08-2014, 04:54 AM

Changing your domain name will affect your SEO efforts. People will no longer be able to reach your site using the old domain which you have posted everywhere online.
04-08-2014, 04:59 AM

Your question actually is what the perfect domain name is in your industry related to search engine optimisation. A domain name should be short, easy to remember and easy to spell. It can be the name of a person/business and the name should preferably be relevant to the product or service offered. Now we are dealing with the Google EMD algorithm you should watch out for too many keywords and dashes in your name.
04-08-2014, 05:02 AM

If you change the domain you can get the traffic, but you cant get the domain ranking..
so choose wisely
04-08-2014, 05:06 AM

Hi,

Make sure to have chosen the right domain before anything else. This is a crucial step towards ensuring success for your business, way more important than choosing the host. Your website has to rank as high as possible in google for people to be able to find it easily. You need specific tools to do this. The top level application, used ethically by many internet marketers is http://goo.gl/6Q4YS . You can use the application for free without buying anything.

You will loose your current ranking altogether but if you repeat your SEO, with a full regular domain you should get a better ranking unless the SEO you did was pre-penguin/panda...
04-08-2014, 05:08 AM

The domain name is the first thing to represent your website. So you choose your website domain name on your good keyword name. It's a good strategy to use your domain name of your main keyword. Its help your website marketing and SEO.