This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My router disconnects from internet when not being used?
04-08-2014, 04:41 AM
My router disconnects from internet when not being used?
About a month ago I had gotten a net-gear nighthawk r7000 router to replace the pretty cheap one I had. It has been working great except the past week I've been experiencing some problems with it. Say I try to play a game online with a console, the internet will give out on me within 10 minutes, the same goes for downloading DLC. However if I'm using my computer, my internet never disconnects. Unless somebody is using the internet directly from the computer while I'm on a console, I will get disconnected within 10 minutes (or so). I have no idea how to fix this, and it's getting to the point where I'm about to switch back to my old router.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2014, 04:42 AM

Make sure there is no loose cables and try resetting it by getting a pen and pressing the reset button or if it doesn&#x27;t have a reset button unplug it and reset it that way. If that doesn&#x27;t work I suggest contacting your internet provider or the provider that makes the router.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply